Central Lakes College, Brainerd and Staples, has announced the results of competition among 26 participants who were accepted for the 2012 Summer Engineering and Manufacturing Camp held July 9-13 at the Staples campus. Campers in grades 6-12 were paired in the construction of remote-controlled devices that were timed in an obstacle course, tested in robot hockey competition, and embattled in a demolition derby to conclude the camp.
- Austin Domino, Nisswa, and Nick Finken, Brainerd.
- Jaden Streed, Pillager, and Gage Grunst, Wadena.
- Anna Stevens, Browerville, and Brandon Kurowski, Long Prairie.
- Galen Newbold, Pine River; and Charles Koenig, Little Falls; Ewan Newbold, Pine River; and Stephen Spilman, Wadena.
- Kegan Scheler, Canby; Tyler Smith, Parkers Prairie; Jonah Lelwica, Pequot Lakes; Brandt Smith, Parkers Prairie; Drew Ward, Randall; and Gus Robinson, Baxter.
- Anna Stevens, Browerville; Brandon Kurowski, Long Prairie; Jordan Lelwica, Pequot Lakes; and Brady Bordwell, Pillager.
- Hanna Kennedy, Brainerd, and Kara Sticht, Ham Lake.
- Drew Ward, Randall, and Gus Robinson, Baxter.
- Jordan Lelwica, Pequot Lakes, and Brady Bordwell, Pillager.
The camp, co-sponsored by Central Lakes College and the Center of Excellence at Bemidji State University, next summer will be held July 8-12, 2013. For information, contact Janet Gontarek at 218-855-8134, firstname.lastname@example.org